overview of microsoft company powerpoint presentstion
House from the Philippines
Great the Philippines
Through the centuries…
• 750, 000-500, 1000 years ago: Flake tools
750, 000found in Solana, Cagayan
• 40, 000-10, 000 BC: Reducing tools seen in
50, 000the Tabon Souterrain in Quezon, Palawan
• 24, 000-22, 000 BC: Fossil is still of
twenty four, 000" Tabon Man” in Tabon Souterrain
• 6th to tenth century: Complex society is present
in Negros Oriental.
• AD nine hundred: Chinese porcelain and stoneware
found in Masbate.
• AD 990: Solid wood boat found in Butuan
• tenth to twelfth century: Material works of iron,
bronze, lead and gold.
• 13th 100 years: Muslim settlement in Sulu
• fourteenth century: Artifacts from China,
Vietnam and Asia found in Palawan
• 15th 100 years: Muslim Malays from Sumatra
in Sulu led simply by Rajah Baguinda
• September 10, 1519 – Leaves Spain with 235
guys and 5 ships.
• March 16, 1521 – Arrives in Samar with
• March 28 – Goes to Limasawa island,
ruled by Rajah Kolambu and Rajah Siagu.
Makes bloodstream pact with Kolambu.
• March thirty-one: Catholic Mass celebrated in
Easter Saturday, islands stated for the
King of Spain.
• April 7: Goes to Cebu, makes bloodstream pact
with Rajah Humabon.
• April 26: Zula, chief from Mactan, comes
seeking support against chief Lapu-Lapu.
• The spring 27: Goes to Mactan with soldiers and
native allies to battle Lapu-Lapu. He could be
• May 1: Rajah Humabon attacks the
Spanish and forces them to leave.
• September 8, 1522: 19 members from the
expedition come back to Spain using one ship.
• Three expeditions in 1525, 1528 and 1543
area in Mindanao but do not settle.
• On the third expedition, Ruy Lopez sobre
Villalobos, labels the islands " Felipinas”
intended for Prince Philip, later Full of The country of spain.
Legazpi relates to stay
• February 13, 1565: Miguel Lopez sobre
Legazpi and Fray Andres de Urdaneta lead
4 ships and 350 males to Samar.
• May possibly 8: Break ground for a fort in Cebu.
• June 4: Cebuanos recognize Spanish in
return pertaining to protection and trade.
Manila becomes capital
• May possibly 19, 1571: Legazpi attacks Maynilad
and defeats Rajah Soliman.
• June 3: Name is usually changed to Manila and
Legazpi becomes chief of the servants of the
• November 19, 1595: Manila becomes the
capital of the Filipino Islands.
Under British guideline
• Sept 22, 1762: British navy attack
• Oct 1: Uk take over Manila.
• Feb 10, 1763: The Treaty of Paris, france
returns the Philippines to Spain.
• Christian except for Mindanao. Philippine
Independent Church (Aglipayan) and
Iglesia Ni Cristo founded by Filipinos.
• Filipinos forced to take Spanish surnames.
• Used Filipinos to place down revolts.
• Would not teach Spanish to complete population.
• Galleon transact between Manila and Acapulco
• The Illustrados, Filipinos at Western european
universities form the Propaganda
Motion and submit the paper La
Apoyo (1889 to 1895) to publicize the
conditions inside the Philippines.
• 3 Philippine priests advocating reform were
executed in 1872 after false claims
(Gomez, Burgos, Zamora – Gomburza).
• June 26, 1892 - Jose Rizal returns for the
Philippines and organized La Liga Filipina,
a society looking for reforms.
• July six - Andres Bonifacio helps found the
Katipunan (KKK), a top secret society seeking
liberation via Spain.
• August 19, 1896 - Katipunan is definitely exposed to
Spanish authorities who begin busts.
• Aug 24 – Meeting in Pugadlawin, the
Katipunan choosess armed have difficulty.
• August 30 – Eight pays placed under
martial law (Batangas, Bulacan, Cavite,
Laguna, Manila, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga,
• The fall of 3 – Jose Rizal arrested. He's
executed in December 35.
Rizal Monument in Luneta Park
• March twenty-one, 1897 – Emilio Propina named
Leader of innovative government...